Best 9 Easy Ways to shutdown windows 11 Laptops Pcs
Your Laptop or Desktop, are listed below, and I will explain all these Windows 11 shutdown options in the below sections.
There are many ways to shut down Windows and the rest of them for us. Here are all the way.
Have u ever found yourself feeling lazy and/or unable to turn off the laptop/PC with finger touching? Worry not; this article will provide you with a handful of practical tips on how to shut off these machines quickly. Powering off your PC/ laptop short is not harmful at all. All files, folders, including hard drives, remain in place. On this post, we will walk you step by step that includes power menu, keys combinations, and others. The article discusses alternatives for Windows PC/ laptops and for Mac users as well.
let’s go today over all the ways to shut down Windows 11, from the familiar to the new
1. Shut Down Windows 11 through the Start Menu
The simplest is our last one. For all practical purposes, most of them are likely to remember it as what they would do if they had used Windows for quite some time now.
Windows have had them in-built for ease and convenience dating back from windows 95 version when they were embraced to the core in the start menu search bar which has evolved over time and serves the function of the epicenter It additionally allows you to switch off your computer.
Here’s how you can get started:
- Click onto Start menu icon from the taskbar or press the Win key.
- From there, select the Power button in the bottom-left corner.
- Click on Shut down from the available list of options.
9 Easy Ways to Shutdown Windows 11 Laptops Pcs Fig:1
Once you do this your computer will be turned off.
2.How to Shut Down Windows 11 Laptop With Your PC’s Power Button
9 Easy Ways to Shutdown Windows 11 Laptops Pcs Fig:2
We can also quickly shut down our machine PC by hitting the power button. No need to hold it down for a while, as doing that will trigger immediately a forced shutdown; a single press should do it.
Before going ahead, though, ensure you’ve saved all your data and closed all your current files and programs which you have opened. After that, simply you can press the power button once, and the shutdown procedure will begin immediately.
On the off chance that your Windows 11 machine goes to sleep instead of shutdown, it means that your power settings have overridden this feature by default.
To fix this issue, click onto Start menu and search for “control panel.” then ensure your Control Panel is set to Large Icon or Small Icon view.
Once done, go to the Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do > When you press the power button and make sure this is set to “Shut down.”
- Use Alt + F4 Shortcut to Shut Down Windows 11
Hit the Windows Key + D and go to your computer’s desktop/laptop. Press the Alt + F4 keys together, and the shutdown menu will pop up in front of your laptop screen. Select the shutdown option from the dropdown menu and hit the Enter. Your Windows 11 computer will now turn off without any issue.
- Use Windows 11’s Power Menu
One more straightforward method, apart from the ones we’ve previously covered above, is to use the Power Menu.
To shut down your Windows 11 laptop from Power Menu you can, right-click on the Start menu, select the Shut down or sign out option, and then click Shutdown.
9 Easy Ways to Shutdown Windows 11 Laptops Pcs Fig:3
Once you select shut down, your Windows 11 will turn off.
- Shut Down Windows 11 through Command Prompt
If you are Not a fan of GUI? No issue, we’d get understand. Most of the people like to get their hands dirty with the Command Prompt for the control it gives to the users. we can also use it to shut down your Windows 11.
Go to the Start menu search bar, type in “CMD,” and select the best match. On the command line, type shutdown /s and hit Enter. A prompt will appear on your CMD screen with the following message: “You’re about to be signed out.”
9 Easy Ways to Shutdown Windows 11 Laptops Pcs Fig:4
Windows 11 will shut down in few seconds after this hit.
- Use CTRL + Alt + Delete to Shut Down Your Windows 11 Laptop
We can also try the Ctrl + Alt + Delete shortcut to turn off your PC; it’s one of the many shortcuts to shut down or put your PC to sleep.
- Turn Off Your Windows 11 With PowerShell Script
To turn off your Windows 11 with PowerShell script, follow the below steps:
- Start menu search bar, type in ‘POWERSHELL,’ and launch it as an administrator.
- In PowerShell, type the command “Stop-Computer” and hit Enter.
9 Easy Ways to Shutdown Windows 11 Laptops Pcs Fig:5
- Use the Run Dialog Box One more alternate way to shut down your Windows 11 Laptop through the Run dialog box. Need to Follow the below steps:
- Hit to the Start menu search bar, type ‘RUN,’ and select the best match.
- Type in the below command and hit Enter:
shutdown /s /f /t 0
That’s it—as soon as you hot enter the above command, your computer will be turned off immediately.
- Shut Down Your Windows 11 From the Lock Screen option
We can also shut down PC/Laptop through the Lock Screen. To do that, click on the Power icon from your laptop bottom-right corner and select Shutdown. That’s it your Windows 11 will turn off instantly after this.
Here are once again Best ways to shut down your Windows 11 laptop or PC:
- Using the Start Menu: Click on the Start button at the bottom left corner of your screen, then click on the Power button and select Shut down.
- Using the WinX menu: Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard, then select Shut down or sign out and click on Shut down.
- Using the Alt + F4 keyboard shortcut: Press the Alt + F4 keys on your keyboard while on the desktop, then select Shut down from the drop-down menu.
- Using the Windows shutdown command: Open a command prompt window by pressing Windows key + R, type in
cmd, and press Enter. In the command prompt window, type
shutdown /sand press Enter.
- Using PowerShell: Open a PowerShell window by pressing Windows key + X, then select Windows PowerShell (Admin). In the PowerShell window, type
shutdown /sand press Enter.
- From the sign-in screen/lock screen: Click on the power icon at the bottom right corner of your screen, then select Shut down.
- Using Ctrl + Alt + Delete: Press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys on your keyboard, then click on the power icon at the bottom right corner of your screen and select Shut down.
- Using the slide to shutdown command: Press and hold down the Alt key on your keyboard, then press the F4 key until you see a slide to shut down option. Release both keys and click on it.
- Using the power button: Press and hold down the power button until your laptop or PC turns off.
Summary | Conclusion
How to Shutdown Windows 11 Laptops Quickly and Differently Explained Here. The system’s shutdown will be conducted in order to prevent the loss or corruption of the data and make sure that there are none left. We proposed that all the Laptops should be powered down when not in use to avoid data/OS corruption.
Useful Article: Turn off Disable copilot In Windows Using Intune